New Releases List

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Bungee Jump Method

As I write this I'm standing on top of a bridge with a bungee cord tied around my ankles and a three hundred foot drop. The bridge is January and in a couple of days I'll take the jump (or get pushed) into February, when I've signed on for a 60,000 word writing challenge. My goal is to get the first 2/3 written of the first draft of the fifth book in The Righteous series.

I always have a worm of dread squirming in my gut when I start a new project, but the self-enforced deadline, combined with a few challenging things I'm going to try, is making me more nervous than usual. I do have experience with jumping off the bridge before, which helps a little. I know I can do it. It's just that first plunge that's the hardest.

Here is what my fellow writer David Gaughran has written about the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment